Royal North British Volunteers
Head Quarters Boston 29th October 1775
Some North British Merchants Residing in Town with their Adherents having Offered their Services for the Defence of this place, The Commander in Chief has Ordered them to be Armed & Directed their being formed into a Company, to be called the Royal North British Volunteers.
They will be Distinguished by a Blue Bonnet with a St. Andrews Cross upon it.
Mr. James ANDERSON to be Capt. 1st Lieut. William BLAIR. 2d Lieut. P. BLACK. 3d Lieut. J. FLEMMING.
The Guard Room & Alarm Post to be near Fanuel Hall.
The Company will mount a Guard at Gun Firing & Patrole the Streets within a certain District & will take into Custody all Suspicious & Disorderly Persons found in the Streets at improper Hours.
The Commissary General will Issue Rations of Provisions to this Company According to the Return Signed by Capt. ANDERSON.
Great Britain, Public Record Office, Headquarters Papers of the British Army in America, Orderly Book of Sir William Howe, Volume 1, PRO 30/55/10437, pages 105-106.
Click here for ---> Regimental History Main Page
The On-Line Institute for Advanced Loyalist Studies