Yesterday being his MAJESTY’s BIRTH DAY, an elegant Entertainment was given by his Excellency General TRYON, at which were present the Governors of New-Jersey and North-Carolina, the Members of his Majesty’s Council for the Province of New York, the Judges and other Officers of Government.
The following Toasts were drank on the Occasion.
- The KING.
- The QUEEN and Royal Family.
- The LANDGRAVE of Hesse.
- The Foreign Powers in Amity with Great-Britain.
- The Army and Navy.
- The Commander in Chief and Success to his Majesty’s Arms.
- His Majesty’s Ministers.
- Governor Franklin, and a speedy Restoration of the Government of New-Jersey.
- Governor Martin, and a speedy Restoration of the Government of North-Carolina.
- Unanimity and Firmness to Great-Britain.
- The Navy and Army at St. Lucia.
- General Haldimand, and our Friends in Canada.
- General Knyphausen, and the Hessian Corps under his command.
- General Prescot, Garrison and our Friends at Rhode Island.
- General Prevost, and our Friends in Georgia.
- General Campbell, and our Friends in Florida.
- General M’Lean, the Garrison and our Friends at Halifax.
- The COMMANDANT of New-York.
- Mr. MATHEWS the MAYOR, and Loyal Citizens of New-York.
- The LOYALISTS on the Continent of America.
- Success to the Exertions of the Refugees.
- JOSEPH AND HIS BRETHREN.
- A speedy Suppression to Rebellion.
- A happy Restoration of Civil Government in his Majesty’s Colonies.
- A speedy arrival to Admiral Arbuthnot and the Fleet under his command.
- CHURCH AND STATE.
The New-York Gazette, and the Weekly Mercury, June 7, 1779.